A Chartered Accountant can add on his qualification. He/She may decide to do an MBA with a specialisation in finance. CA’s choose to do a MBA is because it allows them to attain the designation of a CEO and also empowers the individual to take a decision based on faith even when the numbers are against the decision.
The major reasons for pursuing MBA over CA are as follows:
- Attain a high well paying post in multi nationals.
- It gives the individual the zeal to take decisions even when numbers are not in favour of the decision.
- MBA allows the individual to be much more exposed to various aspects of the business world whereas CA doesn’t.
- It is difficult for a CA to shift into general management because of the narrow curriculum whereas a MBA course has a wider curriculum.
- MBA instils better soft skills in the person rather than a CA degree.
- Case based study make the learning more stimulating with a great experience.
- There are more profiles which are available to MBAs over CAs as given below:
The profiles available are listed below:
|· MIS||· Consolidation|
|· Budgeting forecasting||· Internal audit|
|· Business planning||· International accounting (GAAP)|
|· Equity research||· Transaction Advisory|
|· Investment banking|
|· Mergers& acquisitions|
|· Fund Management|
|· Portfolio management|
|· Sector Analysis|
Contributed by Jyotsna Singh Arora (Finance Intern at CA Learning)
to know more – http://calearning.in