Highlights of this Article:
- CPT Paper structure
- The main features of CA CPT
- How CA plays a vital role in finance as a career
- calearning.in helps students to qualify CA
COMMON PROFICIENCY TEST ( CPT ): A GATEWAY TO CA
CPT is an entry level test for a career in Chartered Accountancy course. It is an objective type test of 200 marks of 4 subjects namely Fundamental of Accounting, Mercantile Law, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. These subjects are tested in two sessions of two hours each. First session of two hours cover Fundamental of Accounting of 60 marks and Mercantile Law of 40 marks. Second session of two hours cover General Economics of 50 marks and Quantitative Aptitude of 50 marks. There is a small break between the two sessions. The features of CPT is as under :
- This examination is held twice a year in the month of June and December .
- Currently it is a Multiple choice question where each question covers 1 mark.
- The students are required to darken the correct choice with a pencil in the given OMR sheet.
- The original question paper can’t be taken out after the exam.
- Passing mark is 50% in aggregate with a minimum score of 30% in each subject.
- There is a negative marking of ¼ mark which shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Results are declared on January and July in the each year.
CPT creates a new gateway to the students aspiring for CA course because it allows a student to move ahead as a Chartered Accountant in his or her career after passing IPCC and Final courses. Now with the globalization of economy, lots of new career has emerged for a CA. ICAI provides on registration its own study material and practice questions. As the examination time is short and a student has to undergo the preparation of Class12th also, it is advised to take suitable coaching.
CA learning has come up with an innovative learning mechanism which will allow the students to have a learning mechanism where he/she can learn all the subjects of CPT on a simultaneous basis. It has top notch national faculties who will teach the students at the various learning center.
Question Repository of CPT allows a student to practice the concepts in each topic correctly. Assessments on weekly and monthly mode is available to the students who can enrich their knowledge. The students have facility to ask the queries both physically and online with the faculties. You can visit www.calearning.in .
Also you can ask the queries through a toll free number on 18001200560.
CALS has setup a free career counselling cell which can help you to plan your career.